Friday, March 30, 2012

Something Old, Something New, Something Blue




{Morning coffee + muffin at my apartment}


It was only when I went to post on my blog today that I realized that it's been exactly one year since you've last heard from me.  While there's no good excuse for not having posted in so long, I can only promise you that I am back.  Back making a mess in the kitchen, back taking too many pictures of the evidence + back sharing my culinary stories with all of you! 

My career path has been anything but traditional + has recently taken a different turn for the better.  Since I've changed directions professionally I no longer have an excuse to devour WAY too many blueberry muffins at the delicious coffee shop around the corner from my old office.  When I was going through some major withdrawal this morning after having not had one for the last 3 weeks I decided instead of heading 10 blocks downtown to pick one up, I would head 2 avenues west to the grocery store + get ingredients to make my own.  

_____________________________________________________________

Blythe's Blueberry Muffins {adapted from My Father's Daughter }

Grocery List

Dairy

1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted + cooled 
2 large eggs
1/2 cup whole milk

Produce

2.5 cups fresh blueberries

Dry Goods

2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar, 1 tsp sugar, divided
2 teaspoons baking powder

Spice Cabinet

1/2 teaspoon salt

Additional Supplies

12 cute cupcake liners {I love these for Spring}


Game Plan

Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. Whisk butter, eggs + milk in a bowl.  Combine flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder + salt in another bowl.  Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients; fold in blueberries.  Divide batter evenly among muffin cups + sprinkle remaining teaspoon of sugar on the muffin tops before baking. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until muffin tops are golden brown + cake tester comes out clean.


{The ingredients}


{Daily serving of antioxidants}


{About to bake!}

xo
jules


 

1 comment: