Wednesday, September 29, 2010

City Love



Dear New York City, 

I think any New Yorker will agree "if you can make it here, you can make it anywhere". As a young girl growing up in the Windy City, I always dreamed of moving to the Big Apple.  Here I am 6 years later, still standing + just as smitten with you as ever. I've changed jobs, boyfriends, moved apartments an inordinate amount of times, had my heart broken, broken some hearts, consistently paid obscene rent + STILL there is no place I'd rather be.
Ok, ok, I'll cut to the chase. Yes, it's true. I did abandon you for a multilevel structure surrounded by copious amounts of land, complete with white picked fence in a far off land called New Jersey.  I admit it was a gargantuan lapse of judgement, but love makes you do crazy things sometimes {and just plain crazy others!}.  Please accept this sincere apology from the bottom of my city-loving heart + know I will never relocate west of the Hudson  again.
I've returned to my senses + could not be more ebullient to meander through your villages, listen to music in all your quaint little venues, taste the fruits of your culinary masters, people watch in your luscious parks, be inspired by your museums + most of all rediscover what it means to be a New Yorker.

Forever Yours,
Jules
Ps. Check out my new digs! 








xo
jules


2 comments: