Wednesday, October 20, 2010

My iPod, The Remix



I first became interested in music when I was 2  + my Dad would put on records in our family room + I would dance around to the Stone's "Waiting on a Friend" or Toto's "Rosanna".  I became obsessed with music at 4 after hearing Culture Club's "Karma Chameleon" + insisted my dad play "Colour By Numbers" repeatedly whenever I was around.  I then fell deeply in love with music at 11 when I discovered Pearl Jam's "Ten" + realized that the right song at the right time could quite possibly cure anything.  As a kid I went from having the most records on the block, to the most cassette tapes, to most CD's + of course now have a vast collection of Mp3s.  My taste has gone from Top 40 to grunge to it's current day status as a mishmosh of everything.

After my breakup it was no surprise that I immediately turned to my iPod when I couldn't fall asleep a night, needed to release a little steam running, was traveling back and forth to stay with friends in the city to escape my house in suburban New Jersey or even just as an attempt to distract myself from my aching heart {dramatic, right?!}.  When I began to shuffle through my iPod I was in for a rude awakening when I realized that my library was overrun with love songs after having been rather smitten for the last 4 years.  I immediately began downloading songs like Chevelle "Send the Pain Below", Destiny's Child "Survivor", Kelly Clarkson "Since You've Been Gone"....you get the idea.  By now I think I've stabilized +  am back to having a well balanced collection of a little bit of everything. Here are 23 {my lucky #} songs I've been listening to lately:


Rock on!


xo
jules

2 comments:

  1. great list! i don't know a few of those, but i'll go check them out!

    stayfabulous,
    zarna
    http://zarnasrunway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zarna-

    Thanks for stopping by + def check out the tunes you don't know + let me know what you think!

    xo
    jules

    ReplyDelete